I sent out an e-mail last week re: the Seattle Rock’n Roll Half Marathon and wanted to make sure you all got it…I know you are all very excited about the idea of starting to train again!:-) This race does have a history of selling out by the end of March so if you think you’d like to do it, it is best to enter early!
I’ve attached copies of our team registration form and physician release form to this message as well as a copy of last season’s wrap-up for those who may have missed it…and for those of you who have already read it…it seems like a nice time to go back and reflect on our wonderful season!
Below is some additional information that may be helpful as you think about the spring. Please contact me if you have any questions or concerns.
Entering the Rock’n Roll Half Marathon…
• They are once again extending to us a $10 discount off the current entry fee. You will need to register online and enter our coupon code. http://seattle.competitor.com/
• I know that the price has gone up so I am in the process of trying to figure out a way for us to cover the cost for all transplant recipients.
• Transplant recipients…If the cost of entering is going to prohibit you from participating, please let me know. We do have some limited funding that I know for sure that we can use.
If you did not receive an e-mail on how to go about entering online…
…please let me know so that I can send it to you!
• If were not a team member during the fall, you will need to renew your team registration information/waiver
• For transplant recipients, who did not participate in the fall, you will need to submit an updated physician release form in addition to a registration form/waiver.
• If you are just signing up for the spring, we would ask that you chip in $10 to help cover the expense of practices. Please make out checks to the UWMC Service League (designate Team Transplant in the memo)
• If you turned in paperwork in the fall, you are good to go!
• We will begin practicing in March. I’ll send out more details and training schedules as we get nearer to that time
• For those who are new, we’d like you to be able to walk 3 miles before joining us.
• If this isn’t a good time for you to train, think about helping out on the sidelines. We can always use help with water stations and laying out the routes for practices!
Have a wonderful holiday week….I look forward to seeing you all next year!