Thanks to all who came out for our kick off breakfast last weekend…it was another great success and we had 2 new transplants (one kidney and one lung) join us!
For those of you who missed the clinic, I’m going to (with Jon Baird’s help) send out a video of a new exercise or workout each week through Team Snap. We sent out
the first one this week…a video of Terri Sullivan, our PT, showing me how to do the donkey kick. You will also be able to find them on Team Snap by going
to \Media\Files\Alysun’s Exercises…
And dovetailing off of last weeks e-mail, I thought I’d share 4 lessons from the last weekend of the Olympics…I think each one offers a perspective that can apply
to all of us:
1.) If you drop the baton (or the ball)…pick it up and keep going…no matter how disasterous it may appear at the time!
2.) Smart training and racing is often better than faster and harder.
3.) Inspiration can come from the most unexpected places!
4.) Just because something didn’t go the way you wanted doesn’t make it any less of an accomplishment!
Upcoming Team Events
* Saturday, August 27th Seward Park, 8:00am…meet at the entrance to the park!
* Saturday, Sept. 3rd NO OFFICIAL GROUP PRACTICE!
* Saturday, Sept. 10th Everyday Athlete…
Workout and Discount Day afterwards (everything 15% off!)
PAPERWORK IS DUE!
* Sunday, Oct. 23rd Dawg Dash Throw down…
* Saturday, Nov. 5th Third Annual Team Transplant Fundraising Dinner…
Maggiano’s in Bellevue—information soon!
* Sunday, Nov. 27th Seattle Half Marathon…
Entry information will be posted on Team Snap!
* Saturday, Oct. 15th AHA Heart Walk
To sign up and join a team: https://www.kintera.org/faf/teams/searchGroupTeams.aspievent=1150613&lis=1&kntae1150613=EE88264D591C4CB8B53071A57E17FA3A&teamAction=join
(Hint: Look for UW Medicine teams!)
* Team Snap is our member’s only site…where you can find the training schedules, connect with other team members , find information on apparel and race entries..
* I’ve also started a new feature…I will be sending out an exercise or workout of the week through Team Snap. This week I sent out (with Jon Baird’s help) a
video of one of the exercises Terri taught at last Saturday’s clinic…The Donkey Kick. You can also find them on Team Snap by going to: \Media\Files\Alysun’s
* Jon Baird is sending out invitations to those who have turned paperwork….
* After Sept 10th…,we will clear out everyone who has NOT turned in an updated physician release form and/or team registration form!
From the News desk
* NY Times: Exercise Boosts Brain Health but is there a Downside?
* Seattle Times: Broaden your Nutrition Horizons–Three Foods to Try